Bans in the federal states (Länder) can be easily seen on our interactive map. Just select “prohibitions in the Länder” in the menu on the right, then click on the interesting federal state on the map to see the description (so far in Polish, we’re working on translations on other languages).
From February 4th, more German federal states suspended traffic bans on Sundays and public holidays, at least until February 28. The following is a compressed list of the general principles:
- The complete exemption from Sunday and holiday bans for all types of truck transport is valid until 28.02.2021 in the following federal states:
- Bremen and Bremerhaven
- Hamburg (until 05.02.2021)
- The exemption from the Sunday transport bans (with the exception of oversized transport) applies in the following states:
- Exemptions from the prohibitions, which applies to truck transport only for necessary journeys (including empty journeys):
- Federal states (Länder) that have not introduced exemptions from Sunday and holiday bans:
Out of all the Federal states only Bayern didn’t release drivers from forced rests on Sundays and public holidays. If this changes we will inform you immediately.
Also any exemptions still apply to shipments to vaccination centers associated with the Coronavirus pandemic.