Today, March 8, an update of the exceptions to certain rules and limitations in connection with the COVID-19 pandemic has appeared on the website of the German BAG service.
The bans in the federal states can be easily seen on our interactive map with restrictions. Just select “prohibitions in the federal states” in the menu on the right, then click on the interesting land on the map to see the description (map updated once a week).
The following is a compensated summary of the general rules for exemptions from Sunday traffic bans for heavy goods vehicles in the individual federal states:
- the complete exemption from Sunday and holiday bans for all types of truck transport applies to the following federal states:
- Baden-Württemberg – do 5. kwietnia 2021 r.
- Bremen – until 05-04-2021
- Hamburg – until 05-04-2021
- Hessen – until 05-04-2021
- Rheinland-Pfalz – until 05-04-2021
- the exemption from the Sunday truck transport bans, with the exception of oversized transport, applies in the following states:
- Berlin – until 05-04-2021
- Brandenburg (only transportation of goods for retail trade) – until 05-04-2021)
- Mecklenburg-Vorpommern – until 05-04-2021
- Niedersachsen – do 30-06-2021
- Nordrhein-Westfalen – until 05-04-2021
- Saarland – until 05-04-2021
- Sachsen – until 05-04-2021
- Schleswig-Holstein – until 05-04-2021
- exemption from the prohibitions, which applies to truck transport only in the case of necessary journeys (including empty journeys):
- Sachsen-Anhalt – until 05-04-2021
- Thüringen – until 05-04-2021
- Bayern – until 05-04-2021
In addition, there are still exemptions for all transports to vaccination centers related to the coronavirus pandemic.